I had forgotten about these until one of my friends CA made them and posted about them on her blog. My kids didn't even know what they were, so I had to make them! When I was little my mom made them with chili instead of taco meat. I made it with the taco meat today. Super yummy, super fattening. Definitely a once a year meal, but SO good!
I made my Indian Fry Bread (aka Scones) using this white bread dough recipe. After letting it raise once, divide dough into preferred sized balls and roll out to about 1/2 inch thick. Heat oil in large and deep frying pan, fry scones until golden brown, about 30-45 seconds on each side. Remove from oil and place on plate with paper towel.
1 lb. lean ground beef, seasoned with taco seasoning OR
1 can chili, heated through
Suggested toppings: Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream, chopped onions, avocado or guacamole, garnish with cilantro and salsa.
1 comment:
So good...I think I will have to make them again.
Post a Comment