Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Frosting


I modified a few chocolate frosting recipes to get this one and it turned out really good.

1 c. butter, softened
8 c. powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

Cream butter and sugar, adding milk 1 tbsp. at a time until desired consistency. Mix in vanilla. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, 20 seconds at a time then stir, then 20 seconds again until chocolate is just melted. Do not let chocolate get too hot; only microwave until barely melted. Drizzle chocolate into icing mixture and continue to mix. Add 1/2 c. cocoa. Mix well.

4 comments:

Lis Drage said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm They look amazing!

Michele said...

dido to the last comment! I thought of you when I put my new "recipe of the month" on my blog today. It's so good. you'll have to try it. :)

polwig.com said...

Looks so good....

http://polwig.com

The Full Nelson said...

sounds yummy!