(click on picture to enlarge)
Cream together:
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. peanut butter, creamy
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
Add:
2 c. flour
2 cups quick oats
Pat out on large cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes (I take them out at 14 minutes). While still warm, spread layer of peanut butter and let cool completely. I sometimes put the cookie sheet in the freezer to help peanut butter to set up faster. It will be easier to spread the chocolate frosting if peanut butter is set. When pan is completely cool spread layer of chocolate frosting and enjoy! These are very rich so I cut the bars very small.
Chocolate Frosting:
1 c. butter, softened
8 c. powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 c. milk (depending on how thick you like your frosting)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa
1 c. chocolate chips, melted
Cream butter and sugar, adding milk 1 tbsp. at a time until desired consistency. Mix in vanilla. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, 20 seconds at a time, then stir, then 20 seconds again etc. until chocolate is just melted. Do not let chocolate get too hot; only microwave until barely melted. Drizzle chocolate into icing mixture and continue to mix. Add 1/2 c. cocoa and mix well. Spread on peanut butter bars.
1 comment:
What kind of an idiot would call these disgusting!? Haha I'm sure that person has no idea what they were talking about. Anywho... They look delicious and amazing to me! :) I am going to make these for Easter! love you guys!
Post a Comment