I made these back in May and completely forgot about them until I found the pictures I had taken! I found the recipe on Pinterest and came from THIS website. All of the kids liked them...you can see in the picture I left certain things off some of the sandwiches for their tastes. I am going to make them again very soon!
1 loaf french bread, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
1/2 c. black olives, chopped
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. light mayo
1/3 c. non fat sour cream
1/3 c. green onion, chopped
1 pound sliced turkey
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 ripe avocados, thinly sliced
3/4 c. cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 c. pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl combine olives, chili powder, cumin and salt; set aside 2 tbsp. of this mixture. Add mayo, sour cream and green onion to the remaining olive mixture. Place bread on un-greased baking sheet and spread 1 tbsp. mayo mixture on each slice. Top with slices of turkey and tomato. Spread with another 1 tbsp. layer of mayo mixture. (I didn’t do the 2nd layer and either did the original poster) and top with avocado and cheese. Sprinkle with the reserve 2 tbsp. olive mixture. (I never reserved any lol) Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Makes 8-10 servings.


No comments:
Post a Comment