Sunday, February 1, 2009

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich


We had roast beef for dinner the other night and we always have left over meat. I kind of winged this but it turned out really good. I will always do this with left over roast beef for now on!

1 c. beef broth
1 green pepper, sliced in strips, de-veined and seeded
1 onion, sliced into rings

Bring broth to boil in shallow pan, add green pepper and onion. Simmer until peppers and onions are hot, but still crisp. Add left over roast beef. Simmer until beef is warm.

Split poor boy buns length wise and place beef pieces on bun, then top with green peppers and onions. Place slice of Provolone cheese (or you can use Mozzerella or cheddar) on top and bake on baking sheet at 350F until cheese is completely melted. Serve with chips, fries or salad. Use left over broth to dip sandwich in if desired.

4 comments:

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

That looks GREAT! I got a recipe for Jambalaya last night from a sister missionary from Louisiana... let me know if you want it and I will type it up for you....

Unknown said...

Love your blog and recipes! Would love a link to it from our site Foodista.com.(This will direct Foodista readers to your blog - great way to build traffic) Here's how you can create inbound links from our site Check it out here. Thanks!

Abby said...

Looks awesome - and I'd so much rather have a white cheese than cheese whiz on my philly steak sandwiches!

Anonymous said...

Yum I frikin wanna live at your house! I've been WAY into philly cheesteak sandwiches lately. There's some good restaurants around here--philly subshop and cheesesteak deli. They're about $10 for a foot long and well worth it. I'll have to try it sometime.