Sunday, April 19, 2009

Taco Salad

I actually don't have a "recipe" for this, but I watched it being made and got the gist of it! It's so yummy! Back home we used to do our taco salads different, with warm chili instead of meat, and no dressing, sour cream instead, so this is different and new to me! I had a picture up, but it didn't make the salad look very good! You'll just have to trust me!

1 large head of romaine lettuce, shredded
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1 large purple onion, diced
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed drained
1 lb. extra lean ground beef, seasoned and browned, then drained
1 bottle Thousand Island dressing
tortilla chips, crushed

Season ground beef to liking and fry in frying pan, drain any excess fat or water. Rinse and drain kidney beans. Put salad together right before serving. Add all ingredients except chips in large bowl and drizzle Thousand Island dressing over. Toss to completely cover. Crush chips and toss into salad. Serve immediately so chips don't get soggy.

1 comment:

Channynba said...

I make this one all the time...only I use seasoned TVP...so good!!!