Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rosemary Focaccia Bread

My brother sent me this recipe, he said he LOVES it and said it is just as good as the bread at Macaroni Grill. I tried it tonight and loved it too...I LOVE breads way too much! It's also a pretty easy one to make.

1 tbsp. yeast
1 tbsp. sugar
1 c. warm water
1 tsp. salt
2 c. flour
1 tbsp. dried rosemary
2 tbsp. butter

Combine yeast, sugar, water, and salt in bowl. Let stand until bubbles form. Stir in flour. Knead for 10 minutes, adding flour as needed. Add rosemary to dough and knead until disbursed well. Spray bowl with olive oil. Place dough in bowl. Cover with towel. Let raise in warm area for 1 hour. Punch dough. Separate into two balls. Place balls on cookie sheet, partially flattened. Melt butter and brush onto dough. Lightly salt dough. Let raise for another 45 minutes, or until doubled in size. Bake at 450F for about 18 minutes. Should be lightly browned.

Eat with olive oil, fresh ground pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Makes two loaves, 6” in diameter, 3” high.

2 comments:

Channynba said...

I am so excited to try it.

Ginger said...

I love breads way too much also!! If you are telling me that this bread is just as good as the bread at Macaroni Grill then I am trying it!! I have had more failures than successes at baking bread but I am going to keep on trying!! Thanks for sharing this...