Tell me that is not the best looking salad you have ever seen! My friend DC gave me this idea, she told me about this "Aztec Chicken Salad" that they eat all of the time. It reminded me of Chili's Quesadilla Explosion Chicken Salad which I love. I found a site Meemo's Kitchen that has a copy cat recipe for Chili's, I didn't use the site but look at the link just in case, it has a recipe for a marinade and two dressings. DC uses Sun-Dried California dressing on her's, my husband tried that and really liked it but I am more of a ranch kind of girl so that is what I used. I'm sure it's good whatever you use. For the chicken, I seasoned boneless, skinless chicken breasts with Chicken Fajita Seasoning before grilling it on the grill. I also skipped the quesadillas, I didn't have tortillas to make them but they are nice to eat along with this salad. This salad was SO good! We'll be eating it all the time now! Thanks DC for the idea!!! We miss you!
chicken breasts, split length-wise, seasoned with fajita seasoning, grilled
Romaine lettuce, chopped
black beans, rinsed and drained, warmed
mexi-corn, drained and warmed
1 can green chilies (optional, to mix with corn for "corn-relish")
Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
Cheddar cheese, grated
tomatoes, diced
onion, diced
avocado, sliced (or made into guacamole)
cilantro, just for garnish
tortilla strips (we just used chips and crushed on top)
dressing of you choice
3 comments:
mmmmm! I always order the quesadilla explosion salad at Chili's! I definitely need to make this some time and the rolo cookies below are calling my name!
Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)
I would appreciate more visual materials, to make your blog more attractive, but your writing style really compensates it. But there is always place for improvement
Post a Comment