This is another recipe I found on Pinterest. It came from Betty Crocker's website and we really liked it! It was fairly easy to make. The only thing I did different from the original recipe was that I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper before dipping into the yogurt and pecan/panko crumbs. The family really liked this one! I had to double the recipe for my family so that is what I'm going to post. Click the link for the original recipe.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts split lengthwise to make 8
1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 c. pecans, chopped fine
4 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 large container (12 or 16oz) greek fat free plain yogurt
extra virgin olive oil for frying
I split my chicken breasts lengthwise or you can use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound chicken to 1/2 inch thick placing chicken in between waxed paper. Place yogurt in shallow dish and mixture of panko crumbs, pecans and parsley in another shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Dip chicken in yogurt and then dip in panko crumb mixture until chicken is coated. Cook chicken in oil 8-10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
*I'm a weirdo about cooking chicken on the stove...I always move the chicken from the skillet after frying to a baking sheet and place in oven at 350F for about 10 minutes just to make sure it's cooked through. I let it cook while I finish up my side dishes. I served with wild rice and broccoli. My kids don't like wild rice so they had mashed potatoes with brown gravy as a side. They liked the chicken with just a drizzle of gravy on it but the chicken had enough flavor without. You could do either way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment