Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bean Casserole


I got this recipe from my cousin MK, I made it last night for a baby shower. I split it in half for my family to have some and the other half to take to the shower. While one half was in the oven baking we started eating the other half uncooked just at room temperature and it was SO GOOD! I think I like it better that way! The flavor was totally different un-baked as it is hot. We just had it with tortilla chips, but I was thinking it would be good in a tortilla as a wrap too. In this picture I had used one onion diced instead of the green onion. I also added about 1 tsp. garlic salt. It's good either way.

6 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
1 can white corn, drained
1 small can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar salsa verde (green salsa)
3 green onions diced small
1 cup shredded monterey cheese (I used more)

Drain and rinse beans, drain corn. Mix all ingredients together and put in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve HOT with tortilla chips.

No comments: