Another one I found on Pinterest and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. My husband doesn’t like Baked Potato Bar but really liked this soup. I added a few things to the original recipe and also doubled it for the size of my family. I am posting the changes that I made but click here if you want the original recipe.
6 medium baking potatoes, baked (I bake for about 45 minutes at 350F...scrub potatoes and poke holes in with a fork before baking)
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/2 c. chopped onion (about 1 medium)
1/2 c. flour
2 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth (or 4 cups if not using cans)
2 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
Suggested toppings and garnishes:
cooked and crumbled bacon
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced black olives
diced green onions
diced tomato
sour cream
seeded sunflower seeds
Melt better in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk. Scoop potato pulp from 2 potatoes (reserve potato skin) and mash. Add pulp to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Dice remaining potato skin and the rest of the potatoes and add to soup. Heat thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls and garnish with bacon, cheese, olives, green onions, diced tomato, sour cream and sunflower seeds if desired. Makes about 8 servings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment