Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Burnt Mexican Salsa


I found this on Tasty Sensations. I love this kind of salsa! It is pretty hot though...SO good!

I didn't have all of the seasonings she had listed so this is what I made:

8 Roma tomatoes
2 jalapeno peppers (half of the seeds removed)
3 serrano peppers
1 medium onion
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. cumin
14 oz. can diced tomatoes
1/2 bunch cilantro

This is her original recipe:

8-10 Roma tomatoes
1-2 jalapenos
1 medium onion
3/4 tsp. lemon pepper
3/4 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
3/4 tsp. garlic salt
3/4 tsp. salt
1 dash oregano
1/2 tsp. dried cilantro
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped

Place tomatoes, jalapenos and onion in a frying pan on high heat. You can half the onion and depending on how hot the jalapenos are, you may want to de-vein them. Let the vegetables burn! You will want to turn them every once in a while to get a lot of the outsides nice and black. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl. Refrigerate until cool. Add remaining ingredients and blend together in a blender. Cool in fridge.

No comments: