Monday, September 22, 2008

Peach Dessert

From the kitchen of PJ

My mom makes this every year for our birthday, since we have been away I have tried to keep up the tradition...it is so dang good!



Jello:
1 pkg. peach jello
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. cornstarch leveled
2 c. water

Bring to a boil and set aside to cool. (do not make soon enough that jello sets in bowl/saucepan)

Crust:
1 pkg. graham crackers crushed
1/4 c. butter, melted (1/2 stick)
½ c. sugar
1/2 c. crushed pecans (optional)

Filling:
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened (I use light cream cheese)
½ tsp. vanilla
½ c. powdered sugar
Beat together with mixer

Fold in 1 16-oz. carton cool whip

4 fresh peaches or nectarines, sliced (I prefer nectarines)

Make crust mixture and pat in 9 x 13 pan, then place cream cheese mixture, (filling is thick and may be difficult to spread on graham cracker crust...may be easier to drop by small spoonfuls all over the crust and then pat down gently) then pour jello (when cooled to room temperature but not yet set) and place fresh peaches on top. Chill to set jello and then serve!

No comments: